Saturday, October 02, 2010

Saturday morning journal: Fall is finally in the air!

I am so happy:  I had to put on a sweatshirt to stay warm on this morning's dog walk.  Oh yeah.

No relaxing this Saturday for me.  In 15 minutes I'm off to fulfill my soccer mom volunteer duty at the snack bar. I expect my day will be pretty similar to last year's.  It's only 2 hours, and I'll get the see the end of my girlie's game.  I will also be my own first customer, as I have not even made coffee yet. 

I did take time to dip my toes into Inspired to Action's Maximize Your Mornings Challenge.  All I have done so far is use the prayer calendar to focus my prayers for my children.  I hope to get into it more before the month is over!  Check it out.

Then it's off to a local community festival where I will help in my church's booth. We just hope to talk to people about the gospel.  I am a little nervous as I've never done this sort of thing before.  But my job is mainly to hand out flyers and talk to people, so it shouldn't be too hard.  For as long as I can remember people - including strangers - have felt the urge to spill their guts to me. So I expect to be busy.

I hope to have some time to do a little yard work late this afternoon, in the cool, cool, fall weather!

What are you doing today?  Leave a comment; including a link to your own post about your Saturday.  

And I'm off!  Have a wonderful Saturday.

No comments: