Saturday, March 03, 2012

The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer

Beautiful World War II story of love and family.  Not a romance, though the love story is the centerpiece and it is compelling.   Wonderful characters, beautiful scenes of Paris, brutal scenes of war.  While I was reading it I felt it was a bit long, but when I finished I couldn't think of what might be left out.

Andras is a young Hungarian Jew, on his way to Paris and architecture school when he is given a package to deliver to an acquaintance in Paris.  And a mysterious letter, to slip into a mailbox.  The connections he makes through those items change his life.  Dramatic?  The Invisible Bridge is much better than that.  

3 comments:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

That sounds great! I've added it to my TBR list.

Marbel said...

Sarah, it seems like your kind of book, based on what I know about your reading!

G said...

Sounds like a good book, and I look forward to reading it!