Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Morning

It's 8 am here and I'm still the only one up.  Do I miss those days of overeager kiddies up before dawn to open their presents?   Not really.  I like the leisurely Christmas mornings.  I never enjoyed those frenzied giftwrap-ripping sessions.  Well, I guess as a kid I did.  But now a little restraint is nice.

So I've been reading the blogs this morning and am wondering how I missed the boat on stressing out over having the perfect Christmas.  I don't guess there will be a perfect Christmas till Jesus comes again.  (Hmm, will we even celebrate Christmas then?)

This morning I'm going to attempt to modify a nice breakfast pastry recipe to see if I can make it even more delicious for my family.  It might work.  Or it might not.  It probably won't be perfect, though I suppose it could be. 

What does the perfect Christmas look like?  I guess for me it looks like my family all around me.  And so since we're all together, it'll be a perfect Christmas, even if the breakfast pastry doesn't work out.

If something doesn't work out perfectly at your house today, don't let it wreck your Christmas.  Remember the one perfect person we are celebrating today.  If He came to your Christmas celebration, would He care if the breakfast pastry wasn't perfectly delicious?

1 comment:

DADvocate said...

Yes, it's nice to be able to sleep in at least a little bit. My kids out sleep me and I let them. I figure they need to rest for their growing bodies.

Merry Christmas, again.