Sunday, February 15, 2009

Library Loot - February 15


It seems I have missed a week of Library Loot:

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Alessandra that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

I didn't skip going to the library, though - we spent time in two different locations this week. One is in a beautiful new building with the most comfortable armchairs... aaahhhh. My girl and I spent some time there browsing through books on tea and Thai cooking, among other things. Some of what we brought home:

The Well-Mannered Dog because she likes reading dog-training books, and because our dog could use a little help.

Thai Cooking Made Easy: delectable Thai meals in minutes, and The Brown Bag Lunch Cookbook and How to Eat Supper because we always need new ideas for meals.

A Real Simple magazine for mindless reading and recipe-finding. I think I found one to make tonight!

Creating a Beautiful Home because... uh... we could use some help in this area.

The Art of the Russian Matryoshka, The Pleasures of Tea: Recipes and Rituals, and The Doll's Dressmaker for my girl.

The Machine Age in America: 1918 - 1941 and The Good Fight: How World War II Was Won for my boy.

The Revenge of the Baby-Sat for everyone. And I thought we owned all the Calvin and Hobbes books...

How Did We Find Out About Genes, Genetics, Muscles: Our Muscular System, and Bones: Our Skeletal System because we're studying the human body right now.

An audio version of Peter Pan because my kids have never heard or read the whole thing, and I haven't in a long, long time.

And fiction for me: Septembers of Shiraz (Jews in Iran in 1982) and The Toss of a Lemon.

Fine more library loot at A Striped Armchair or Out of the Blue.

1 comment:

Eva said...

It sounds like your daughter is a lot like me-I love to cook, and I'm always trying out new recipes! My mom loves it when I'm at home. ;)

And I love tea as well, so the tea book sounds really neat.