Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Unclear on the concept

Today I had a nice long talk with my new best friend at the health insurance company. We found out why several claims that should have been approved, hadn't been. She was actually quite helpful. But something that came up at the end of our conversation really scared me.

No, it wasn't the prospect of the federal government taking over the health insurance industry. That does scare me, but it didn't come up in the conversation.

My new best friend discovered that my service provider (aka doctor) was using the wrong form for claims. So she needed to send me the correct form. I could choose mail, which would take 7 - 10 days, or a fax, or an emailed .pdf. I requested the .pdf. As she clicked send, she asked:

"Do you have access to a copier? Because if you don't I can send more than one. I can send as many as you need."

For a minute I was really confused. I said "it's a .pdf, right?" She confirmed that it was. So I just mumbled something about printing as many as I needed, when I needed them. She just said "OK" in her very bright and happy way, and asked if there was anything else she could do to provide excellent customer service to me today.

No comments: