It hasn't actually started yet because the kids are still asleep. But here is our plan for the day:
- A hearty breakfast of oatmeal and cheater's cinnamon buns (made with biscuit rather than yeast dough).
- Bible study time, because we can't throw everything away today. But that is the only schoolish thing we will do.
- Gather by the computer to write our first sentences. The kids get the cute, fun, Dana keyboards and I get the desktop. We will start off together, then most likely the kids will find cozy writing nooks of their own. That's how things tend to go, anyway.
- A festive lunch. Of what, I don't know yet. I may run out for a frozen pizza.
- I'm sure they'll want to update their word counts frequently. You can see mine on the sidebar. The kids are signed up with the Young Writer's Program which doesn't have a widget for the blog. Too bad, and something I'll suggest for next year.
- We'll be making lots of tea. And since we can't write all day I'll do some reading aloud, we'll go for a few walks to stretch our legs, and I'm sure someone will be asking for a little x-box time.
I'll update again at the end of the day!