1. Fiction is harder than it looks.
2. 1667 words each day is a lot. Really, a lot.
3. If this blog wasn't dead before November, it sure is now.
4. I have glanced at the blogs in my reader but have barely clicked on any and certainly have left no comments, because my online time is best spent slapping down dialog.
5. My kids are having a blast. James came home from a big scout weekend full of outlandish ideas for his story and can't wait to get writing this morning; Eleanor says she loves the time we spend together, silently working on our stories and occasionally reading bits aloud. She wishes Daddy could do it too.
6. I'm tired of pretending my kids don't have names, and figure that none of the handful of people who read here are going to start stalking them just because I call them by name.
7. Typing skill improves the more one types. Spelling skill improves the more words one spells. Who knew?
8. I am really, really glad we are doing this.
9. I thought I could make this into a Top Ten but can't. Another meme opportunity lost. If you have an idea for #10, let me know.
Added: Oh, here is number 10: Menu planning? What's that? I am truly thankful for a freezer full of meat and a family that enjoys eating same. And pasta!
Update: linked to Top Ten Tuesday!