Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Why join facebook?

A few friends have asked why I don't have a facebook page. Do you? Should I? Why? I think I might be too old. After all, I didn't understand twitter. And I still have a landline phone. (And will, till I can call 911 on my cellphone and not have to tell them where I am.) Oh, and I didn't get along too well on CafeMom - too many husband rants and tattoo questions. How old should a child be before getting a tattoo?

(I suddenly remember my mother asking her oldest grandson not to get his ear(s) pierced while she was still alive. I am turning into my mother, quickly.)

Sheesh. I guess I better keep the next AARP mailing that comes along...

4 comments:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

I do have a Facebook page and I love it! I got one originally because my teenager wanted one, and I needed to be his friend to see what he was up to. I've reconnected with people from all different parts of my life in the year since I joined! And you are NOT too old! I have reconnected with professors from college, friends from high school and college, and I'm friends with all my son's friends and my real-life friends and even blog friends.

And I don't twitter and I only have a landline. ;-)

Ami said...

I don't have time for anything else, but Facebook seems sort of, hmm. Too trendy for me, I guess. I'm an old fart.

Unknown said...

I still don't know what Twittering in but I have a blog. I can design an interactive website for hundreds of people yet can't find my way round FB. How is that?

I had a FB. But I didn't get it. I thought it was a fat waste of time. I'd rather do Instant Messaging but I'm not good at that either. I'd rather a brief email directly from a person rather than being 'poked'.

Having said that, my dd is trying to encourage me to rejoin FB. I don't know.

Susan
www.kerugma.net/blog

Sheryl said...

Yeah...I don't know about joining Facebook either.

A friend sent me a link to her Facebook page, but I would have to join in order to view it. I've thought about it, but honestly, I have enough trouble finding the time & energy to even post to my own blog. And I waste too much time on the computer as it is.

The only reason I use Twitter is to keep up with what my two "California Kids" are doing; it's great for that. However, if it wasn't for the kids, I wouldn't use it, either.

And I'm not getting rid of my landline either.