Thursday, July 22, 2010

The messy family reforms: Project One update

What a pleasure it was to get up this morning, walk into the kitchen and see a clean table. I could actually notice the flowers because they weren't part of a jumbled landscape.

But it was hard to keep it that way yesterday. After every meal and every project I was reminding myself and everyone else to clear the table. My little project girl had the hardest time. She has a place in her room for crafts. I don't expect her to isolate herself there whenever she wants to work on a project, but getting her to take her stuff back to her room is a challenge.

It shouldn't be this hard. I think it will get easier as we get used to doing it.

Project Two is also small and I'll start that later today.

What little project did you start?

1 comment:

Maria said...

I started the black hole that is our closet/office/catch-all. I am giving it 5 minutes a day. It's a difficult 5 minutes and I want to turn and leave...but I don't...just 5 minutes.