Thursday, July 15, 2010

My days/hours dilemma solved.

My homeschool days/hours documentation dilemma has been percolating in my brain for a while. Today while I was staring at my various documentation options (available from the brilliant Donna Young) praying for guidance with my new gig of homeschooling a middle schooler, I knew what I should do.

Every weekday that my kids get out of bed (which so far has been all of them) is 1/2 a school day. Because, really, there is no way that they are not spending at least 2.75 hours every single day reading, making music, doing arts or crafts, getting some form of exercise, learning home skills, learning computer skills, working on Scout merit badges, etc.

Days when we intentionally sit down and do schoolwork together (tablework, we sometimes call it) will be full days. Of course field trips to the art museum or whatever will be full days.

Special thanks for Kerri and Mrs. Darling for their comments. Comments always help. Isn't that why we do this?

No comments: