Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The messy family reforms: Project updates

No, I haven't abandoned this project yet. We are still working on getting and keeping our place neat. The two areas we started are working well, and I've noticed a little overflow into other areas. We are slowly getting into the habit of clearing up. Our horizontal surfaces are not wonderfully clear all the time, because we live here and do things here. The kitchen table is difficult, there is no doubt about it. We have to be vigilant and clear it up frequently. But because we're doing that, the clutter is not building up. There is room to work: this morning I needed to go through some papers to copy and mail. There was room on the table to spread them out! It was so nice to have the space. When I finished I cleaned it up, the space was taken over almost immediatelyby a crochet book and project my girl is working on. When she's finished, she'll put it away.

I've already started the next project and it's a big one: the kitchen sink area. [Cue ominous music here.] I need some camera help before I can post that. Tonight, I hope!

How are your projects going?

No comments: