Sunday, May 04, 2008

Homeschool Hi-Light: New Ideas

Fun Learning has a Monday meme: Homeschool Hi-Light. Last week was not a big week for us. We just plodded along, doing our things, finishing up the last days of the 180 days the state of Pennsylvania wants me to document. When our "school year" is over, we'll celebrate and go back to what we usually do. Then, on July 1, we'll start a new "school year" and start documenting all over again.

My kids wouldn't think this is a hi-light but it is for me: finding a great new idea, and thinking of how to incorporate it into our homeschool. The Deputy Headmistress at The Common Room posted a "template" of sorts for Charlotte Mason educators. Now, I am not a pure Charlotte Mason homeschooler, but I am familiar with her and like her philosophy and methods. Finding this template has started some wheels turning for new ways to shake things up in our homeschool come July 1. And that is a hi-light for me!

Go over to Fun Learning and read about other hi-lights, and add your own. You might even get the cute graphic to work; I couldn't this time for some reason.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think when Momma's learning and seeking that is a big hi-light! Have a great time off!
Be blessed!

Candace said...

I love Charlotte Mason, I'll have to check out the link you gave. Thanks so much, and have a great week!

C. David Parsons said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
G said...

Thanks for the link to the template! That looks like it will come in very handy for the fall.

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shari Ellen said...

When Momma is happy, then everyone else can be happy. I'm glad you found a template that will be helpful to you. The kids may not realize how much it will impact them in a positive way. But, I'm glad that it was a hi-light for you.