Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Now here is an intriguing google search...

that led someone to this very blog:

equivalent to Winco Foods, east coast.

Winco is a large, cheap, grocery store chain that is bulk-food heaven. The search was by someone in Portland, OR - my last hometown.

It led to a long and rambly post about the lack of decent grocery stores here in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I am quite sure it did not help the searcher.

Hey, if you are still there: There is really NO equivalent to Winco Foods, at least in my part of the east coast. Giant Stores come close, but no cigar. It's missing the bulk foods and the cheap yet decent bakery bread. Winco's whole wheat... ahhh... I've had to start baking my own.

3 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

I guess we take our stores for granted. I never thought about that before. I just figure my reality is everyones reality never giving it a thought that a store like Winco might not be available. I need to move around more I guess.

kerri @ gladoil said...

Oh My! No Winco? I don't know how we could afford to eat with out Winco!

I wonder if there is Winco in Texas.. :)

Marbel said...

Well Mrs. D, come out here and see me, then go visit Kerri in Texas!