Dadvocate tagged me today. It's been a while since that has happened. Here goes:
1. Post the rules at the beginning.
2. Answer the questions only about yourself.
3. At the end of the post, tag five people and post their names, then go to their blogs and leave them a comment so they know they’ve been tagged. Ask them to read the sender's blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
What were you doing five years ago?
I was living near Portland, OR with a 6 year old and 4.5 year old. So I was reading a lot of story books and otherwise taking care of my family.
What are five things on your to-do list for today?
To-do lists don't really work for me, but I need to
1. finish unpacking/putting away after a short vacation
2. do a little "schoolwork" with the kids, including finishing a great read-aloud we've had going
3. supervise housecleaning
4. make lunch and dinner, including bread-baking which is in progress
5. find some energy
What are five snacks you enjoy?
Wow, true confession time:
1. potato chips
2. popcorn, preferably (but rarely) with butter and grated parmesan cheese
3. dried mangoes
4. fresh berries by the handful
5. iced coffee with milk and some form of sweetness
What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1. Give a bunch away to various charities (Compassion International, Medical Teams International, Heifer Project, the OPC or PCA churches). I have to say that first, don't I?
2. Remodel my kitchen.
3. Put a roof on the back porch.
4. Invest for my children.
5. Get my extended family all together for once. They'd have to come if I paid, right?
What are five of your bad habits?
1. Laziness about housework.
2. Biting my fingernails.
3. Putting off paperwork, like entering receipts into Quicken or filing.
4. Starting a project only to get tired of it and then leaving it laying around while I pretend I'll get to it.
5. Leaving books all over the place.
What are five places where you have lived?
1. West Seneca, NY
2. San Jose, CA
3. Sunnyvale, CA (like Dadvocate I had to stretch because I haven't really moved around much. Sunnyvale and San Jose are suburbs in the San Francisco bay area.)
4. suburb near Portland, OR
5. suburb near Philadelphia, PA
What are five jobs you’ve had?
1. retail clerk
2. bank teller
3. customer service rep
4. trainer/policy and procedure writer for a computer company
5. housewife/homeschooling mom
Now, I have to tag 5 people. That's always hard. But:
Kerri at Cup of Grace
Lyn at Whimsical Dreams (haven't been in touch for a while)
Shari Ellen at Fun Learning
Sandy at Falling Like Rain
Brumbemom at Life, As I See It