Friday, March 14, 2008

Can we change team names, please?

Last night I got the call from my boy's Little League coach, informing me of the practice schedule and the team my kid is on. I'll complain about the practice schedule another time. Now I'm focusing on the team name.

Let me just say here that most of my life I lived in the bay area in California, and spent many, many happy hours at Candlestick Park watching the San Francisco Giants. They were my team. Still are, I guess. Though I still love baseball, it's not a big part of my life right now. I hope to go to a Phillies' game someday. Or at least some minor league games. Anyway, if you asked me what my team is, I'd say the Giants.

So I was really unhappy to learn last night that my son's team is - you know it's coming, don't you? - the Dodgers.

For the first time in my life I am going to be expected to yell "Go Dodgers." Will motherly love prevail?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.
My son's team is the Dawgs. The other teams are the Bulls and the Bulldawgs. I'm thinking that someone lacks for originality.

Mrs. Darling said...

Well at least it a normal name. Lol
My sons team is called The Crushers and Tinks are the Kings! How dumb is that?

Anonymous said...

Say it ain't so. Ugh. What's worse though, a Dodger or a Dodger fan. Mets forever :)