Thursday, March 06, 2008

We're so mean

I just can't resist reading all the blogs detailing Michelle Obama's complaints about the US. My favorite so far is at Jammy Wearing Fool. There are some great comments there too.

Of course I have a hard time mustering any sympathy for her hard life, her student loans, her high summer camp expenses for her kids. I don't have anything against people with a lot of money, but I have no respect for wealthy people who "talk poor." I don't think Republicans do that. There are a lot of rich conservatives, but I don't hear them pretending they are struggling.

Anybody know where I can get a "mean people suck" bumper sticker to send her? I live kinda far from Berkeley now.

1 comment:

kerri @ gladoil said...

Michelle Obama is so over the top wierd. I heard a quote from her talking about Barak not letting us go back to our ordinary uniformed apathetic lives. WHAT? What if I like my ordinary life? What's he gonna do, lock the doors to my house?

I hope she keeps talking. Lots and lots. She's going to hang them both. :)