Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Spring Reading Thing 2008
Yes, I'm joining the Spring Reading Thing 2008. A reading challenge? Am I crazy? I don't have time to read. Actually, I've found that when I really want to, I can indeed find time to read. The challenge runs from now till June 19 (spring, get it?) You can do it too. Go over to Calapidder Days (I don't know what that means but I bet you can find out over there) and see what it's all about. Even if you don't want to participate, but need some new reading ideas, go take a look. I am #164 on the list of participants. That's a lot of book lists to browse.
Is it cheating to use books I need to read for my class? No. (At least I don't think so.) So:
- Cry the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
- The Plague by Albert Camus
- Seeing With New Eyes by David Powlison
- The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett
- The Voyage of the Narwhal by Andrea Barrett
- Flying Cloud by David W. Shaw
- The Code of the Woosters by P.G. Wodehouse
- The Pope's Rhinoceros by Lawrence Norfolk
- Faith at Work by Carol Ruvolo
A couple of these books I've had for 10, maybe even 20 years, but have never read them. Maybe they'll be terrible and I'll wonder why I've packed and moved them so many times!
I'm going to start with An Uncommon Reader because it looks fun and is short.