Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Scholastic Books and the Carnival of Homeschooling

It's been a while since I've paid attention to the Carnival of Homeschooling, much less submitted something to it. I would like to start again since it is a great source of information, inspiration, and all-around good reading. In this week's edition at (Palm Tree Pundit), this post caught my eye right away: "Why I wouldn't use Scholastic for Homeschooling" at Notes from a Homeschooling Mom. I have had "issues" with Scholastic for quite a while now. So much of their material seems to be spun off from tv and movies; rarely does anything in their catalog interest me anymore. And, they publish a fair bit of trash too, which seems odd for a publisher of educational materials.

And there's lots more to see at the Carnival!

No comments: