Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Messy Family Reforms: Project Five

Bookcases! We love bookcases because we love books. But bookcases can become messy too.





It's just another handy place to put stuff.

But it's pretty easy to straighten up the books and move the things that don't belong. A few photos are fine, but there's probably a better place for the tape dispenser. And that clown toy? A keepsake that we bring out when we babysit. We haven't babysat for about three months now. I think it's safe to put the toy away.

Much better!


There's even room for a few more books! Need to do something about that nest of cords under the piano though.


I love the way photographs show things that become invisible to us when we're in the room all the time. I should walk around with a camera more often. Or, maybe not.

3 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

When I saw in your comment on Wayside Sacraments that you are reading Black Lamb and Grey Falcon, I had to come and visit your blog. I have wanted to read that book for decades now, and admire anyone who has taken it on. I'll have to stop by from time to time and see if I can garner enough inspiration to get on with it myself.

GretchenJoanna said...

And Rebecca West--I did read her book The Birds Fall Down, which was so mystifying, and a real thriller. I have to read it again. It made me want to know more about her background, so I read a lot about her online.

Sandy said...

Another good trick is to walk through each room as though you were a real estate agent and imagine what you'd say. Very revealing.