Friday, August 13, 2010

Weekly Wrap-up: Girls' week edition

This was the week the girls took over the house.

I have one girl and one boy. They are only 18 months apart and they mostly get along really well. Mostly. When one goes away, the one left behind gets a little lonely. But the girl feels it more. She needs contact! So with the boy away at camp we tried to plan as many events with girlfriends as we can. This week that meant two sleepovers and an all-day tea party.

But how do I keep those girls occupied? We are not mani-pedi sort of folks so the spa treatments are right out. Better for us are craft opportunities:




A visit to a garden for sketching:



Posted by Picasa

And movies. Lots of movies.



Our house is small so the only place to have a sleepover is in the family room in front of the tv. There is something glorious about lounging in front of a movie late into the evening with no parents around to say "don't sit so close!" and groan at the lame plot lines. The girls can giggle and talk through the movie because no one cares about the dialog; they've seen it all before.

Next week the boy will be back and while there will be visiting girls in the house sometimes, it won't be quite the same.

Find more weekly wrap-ups at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

6 comments:

Joelle said...

Sounds like good girly time. I love the Princess Diaries.

Kara said...

Girl time is fun! We just watched Princess Diaries tonight! We're having a girls-only weekend here too (except for my 16 month old son...) while my older son and hubby have a father-son fishing trip!

Stefanie said...

What a fun week!

Phyllis said...

Sounds like such a lovely week. I think a girl's week is a wonderful idea. My only girl is all grown up now. It's all boys here on out for me!

Leslie said...

What a great week for a girl to have! The bee hive is adorable. I love that your girl loves to sketch. Good times!

Samantha said...

Girl time is so fun - I had to laugh, I've watched all of those movies with my daughter except "Ballet Shoes." We enjoy doing crafts here too.

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Samantha from To Be Busy At Home